Monday, April 11, 2011

R.I.P. Josh Austin!

A few days ago, an old friend of mine passed away. It was such a shock! I seriously couldn't believe it. My day was going normally as usual, until Katelyn text me and asked me if I had Brigit (his sister) as a friend on Facebook. I was like, "Yeah, why?" Katelyn asked if Josh had died or something and I said I didn't know, but I'd call Sam to find out because Sam is best friends with the girl who is having Josh's second baby.
So, I call Sam and no answer. I think nothing of it until Phillip texts me that night while I'm trying to go to sleep. Phillip and I talk often, but he rarely texts me that late. It was like, 10:30 my time so 11:30 his time. Pretty much Phillip had asked me if he could have me for a day when I come home in May cause he needs a hug. Of course I ask him what's going on and that's when he tells me. "Josh is dead. He hung himself this morning." At that moment I instantly started bawling. I woke Lane up hysterically crying. I had no idea what to do.
Josh and I hadn't talked for a while, but the summer of 9th grade Phillip, Josh, Alyssa and I were pretty close! We hung out quite a bit. No matter how long you go without talking, it's always sad to hear one of your friends have passed away. For me, this is two friends in six months. :( A little too much at one time.
While I am way sad about Josh, I am SUPER concerned about Phillip. He's my best friend and his brother just died. How does someone handle that? I'm going home tomorrow to be with him for the funeral, but it's just hard to be there for someone through something like this. I just don't know what to say to him to make him feel better. I know being there for him is the best thing to do so that's what I'm doing. I just worry that I'm not doing a good job.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that Josh is very loved and missed and I wish he could've talked to someone about his problems instead of doing this. :( I know there was a better way out. Rest in peace buddy, we love you.


Xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. I was so shocked when I heard this! I didn't know he was having a second baby :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad:( Breaks my heart! So wait, Phillip and Josh are brothers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they're step brothers Jen.

    ReplyDelete